Udenson Caldbeck Associates worked with West Ealing Livable Neighbourhoods to plan and deliver the first-ever Play Street on Leeland Terrace as part of Ealing Council’s World Car Free Day celebrations on Sunday 22 September 2019. World Car Free Day is an annual event which encourages drivers to take a break from their vehicle for one day and highlights the many benefits of having lesss traffic throughout the neighbourhood.
UCA provided a range of services for the event including:
– Identify and involve key partners including Open Ealing and INWEST Ealing Bid
– Liase with Soundbite festival organisers on outputs and promotion
– Scope event and identify activities and participants for Car Free Day
– All aspects of event planning including health & safety, risk assessments, security and first aid
– Liaise with the London Borough of Ealing Communications team
– Encourage the participation of Ealing businesses
– Deliver a full programme of children’s activities, street entertainment, ‘cycle a smoothie’, Dr Bike cycle repair, yoga sessions, live music and a selection of food, gift and craft stalls
The Live West Ealing project aims to transform West Ealing by making streets safer, greener and more attractive by encouraging more walking, cycling and public transportation use. Attendees had the opportunity to give feedback on Live West Ealing proposals to transform Dean Gardens, which you can find more about here: http://live-west-ealing.co.uk/schemes/
The annual Soundbite Festival ran alongside World Car Free Day in Dean Gardens, offering everything from music, food, a craft market, climbing wall and children’s activities, to cookery workshops, football skills, donkey rides and a theatre performance.